Late payment of credit bills or defaulting from payment can seriously affect one's credit scores. It affects a person's credit in securing a loan or a credit card in the future. This can cause dangerous repercussions and leave the person dependent on others for money. It is always advisable to keep your credit score clean.
But sometimes even the most organized person may end up with a bad credit score. Luckily, the law provides a chance to help the person out the situation. This is where the credit repair companies come into picture.
ROLE OF CREDIT REPAIR COMPANIES
Credit repair companies have a primary goal to 'improve the client's credit score'. They offer legal credit solutions to help improve their client's credit score. They study the report of the client to look for any inconsistencies. Once having identified disputable items on the report, they take it up with the creditor to challenge the report. If the inconsistencies can not be verified, then the company helps you file for damages. Some companies also offer credit management services to teach the client how to maintain a good credit score.
BEWARE OF SCAM COMPANIES
A person must always be aware of the service they choose. There are companies that scam desperate people, who are badly in need of help. There are other companies that use illegal means like identity theft to make it look like there is an improvement in the credit score. It is illegal and felony to do so and if discovered, the person may face jail time.
INDICATORS OF A GOOD COMPANY
It is very easy to tell a good company from a bad one. Here are a few indicators that it is a scam.
- The company requests for payment upfront. Any citizen is legally entitled to pay the credit repair company only after the case is settled.
- If the company promises to erase the credit record, it is clearly a scam. It is impossible to delete it. One can only improve the credit score.
- When the company requests the client to create a new credit identity using Employer Identification Number (EIN) instead of the social security number, it is undocumentedly a scam company.
- If the company requests a person to file all the items in the record as false irreparable of the validity, then it is a scam.
FIND THE BEST CREDIT REPAIR COMPANY
Self acclaimed Credit pros, may not be professionals after all, although as an industry they are one of the topought after services in the country. Understandably, without money or credit life's dreams are halted in a hurry. Be sure to look for a team of certified FICO professionals, who offer professional and legal credit solutions and help can anyone with a bad credit score. Check reviews and see if the company has a record of being successful and customer friendly in all their cases. The clients' testimonials are a proof for the good work they can do.
WHAT SETS A CREDIT PROFESSIONAL APART FROM THE REST?
- Payment is accepted only after the client's requirements are met and payment plans are also available.
- The client can cancel their service at any time they see fit.
- They offer life-time support for the cases they handle.
- Team of FICO certified professional experts guarantee success and do not oversell.
If ever you have a credit record problem, you should be able to seek a free consultation from the credit experts. With upfront information and a proven track record, you can have confidence that you have found the right credit repair company to help you.