In this article I'm going to share with you 7 tried and tested techniques that will improve your credit quickly. These techniques will work for 90% of individuals that find themselves in the position of having to live with poor credit.
1. You will want to start by getting your credit report, but beware. Free means free … do not fall for the old put your credit card number in scam. If you want to make sure that you are using the right service contact the credit bureau and ask for advice.
2. Upon getting your credit report check out your credit rating to get an idea of where you currently stand. No matter what your score is as the moment your goal is to raise your score to 700 or above. Anything below 700 will need some improvements.
3. Review your credit report and highlight any error that you find including mistakes with your name and address, job etc … Even if your not sure about something on your report you should still challenge it. Write to all three credit bureaus disputing all errors that you found. Make sure to include any proof that you may have to support your claims.
4. Check the date on all accounts on your reports. If they are older than seven years according to credit consumer law the agencies must remove any accounts which are seven years old. Your job is to contact these agencies making sure that they abide by the law.
5. Start making arrangements for any late payment entries that you may have on your report. Simply approach your lender and let them know that you are fully prepared to workout something. If the lender refuses to work with you, immediately contact the credit bureaus and report the entries as errors. The lender now has to respond within 30 days to any disputes and if they do not the bureaus are bound by law to remove any and all accounts from your credit report.
6. At this point in the process your mission is to pay down your debts. By all means you will want to avoid any late payments. If for any reason you foresee that you are not going to pay a debt on time contact the lender and make some kind of arrangement.
7. It would be wise for you to attack the debt with the highest interest rate first. If at all possible you want to pay a little more than the minimum payment each month.
Follow the seven strategies that I have outlined for you above and you are sure to drastically improve your credit report. Obviously there is a lot more that you can do to repair your credit report. It would be virtually impossible for me to cover everything in this article.